With another Las Vegas Summer League in the books, I decided I’d round up all of my stories from the trip in one easy place. I hope you all enjoy, and I appreciate everyone’s support:
- For SB Nation, on Calvin Roberts, a 61-year-old seriously trying to make an NBA roster
- Lonzo Ball’s passing is amazing, but it started out more dangerous for his teammates faces than his opponents.
- Kyle Kuzma justified the “backflips” the Lakers were doing when they found out they could draft him.
- Kuzma also showed that he might be right about being able to play any position for the Lakers.
- Thomas Bryant became the latest Lakers’ second-rounder to impress in Las Vegas, and then he joined our Locked on Lakers podcast.
- It only took one game for Brandon Ingram to show he was too good for summer league.
- The Lakers lost their first two games, but got their first victory without any of their “stars” as the team’s team-first approach finally paid off.
- Alex Caruso didn’t back down when given his opportunity, and because of it he earned the two-way contract he’s so excited about.
- Joey Buss shared his plans for synergy between the South Bay Lakers and the parent team.
- Ivica Zubac had a forgettable summer league, but he has ideas for how to improve and was happy the team succeeded anyway.
- When hype about Lonzo Ball’s shoes was at his peak, he explained why he decided to wear Kobes.
- After winning the summer league title, the Lakers were just focused on getting better.
- Vander Blue’s summer league play showed why he deserves a shot with the Lakers.